User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 60

Thread: All Beat Makers Read!

Battle Record
    37-1

All Beat Makers Read!

Cut all the bullshit and net personna.

When (if you have already) consider yourself a producer OUTSIDE of the net? I mean like here, as a community, we call each other rappers and producers and all that jazz. But, In everday life I very much doubt all of you go around telling people that. Maybe it's just me, but I really don't. If people find out, and they ask, then yes I tell them I make beats.

What I am really trying to say, is what do you believe is that plateu that you must reach before being considered a "rapper" "producer" "engineer"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    I don't go out and tell people that I am a producer, but if I am talking to someone on the phone and they ask me, "what are you doing"...

Then I tell them, I'm just making a beat right now...

But I think that labels are just labels...
    So there is no real "plateu" you have to reach to be considered that...
    Anyone can call themself a rapper, but others confirm your skills...

Battle Record
    33-54
    funny, i actually do... thats why i laugh when u guys say i cant make beats..... i sell beat cd's downtown for 15 bucks..... that why i alway show me with my money....
    .. im back

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    Quote Originally Posted by sdizzle
    funny, i actually do... thats why i laugh when u guys say i cant make beats..... i sell beat cd's downtown for 15 bucks..... that why i alway show me with my money....
    Deaf people don't count fatass...!

And if you do sell beat cd's downtown, then damn...
    I could make a fucking living down there, cause my beats are waaaaaaay better then yours...!

Battle Record
    33-54
    if u say so.....
    .. im back

Bad News, Rap Dudes!
    Battle Record
    16-3
    if u say so.....
    I just said it...

I think I could go to downtown Boston and sell bags of shit that would be worth more than your beats...

LMFAO...

Battle Record
    1-0
    I never said im a producer to anyone...but when ever people ask me online what iam doing...i tell them i make beats....one day ill tell them iam a producer..hopefully

[peep the site for beats]

Battle Record
    16-3
    Yes, I tell people I make beats and emcee if they ask me and if they do the same. There's assholes that I'm sure would start saying "Oh yeah, he thinks he's hard now cos he's a rapper.." so I don't really put it out in the open (I don't run up to someone, "Hey! My names Ademir and I'm an emcee!"), but if I know other people who are also doing the same thing I don't mind telling them

So yes, I do consider myself a rapper and a (somewhat) producer

Battle Record
    37-1
    Who do you sell them to? Def Mutes?

You are really irritating me in so close to getting rid of you from
    beats and producer chat section, why can't you just be fucking
    serious ONCE in awhile? Why can't you just pretend for a moment
    that you know you suck and should die? Fuck kid, you are
    a nuisance. Stop already.

New Writejist Song - Tito Ortiz

.~:\ForEver U-Neek/:~. EleMense's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-6
    I never shout out to anyone that I am a rapper/producer.....but if the conversation comes about, or maybe they listened to some of my stuff and didn't know that I did music, then yea......I'd tell em what I do..........There will never be a plateau..........Now, maybe one day I could quit my day job and live solely off of music, then thats a different story........

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    16-7
    I really do have a digital recording studio... it was my dads, but he got a new unit that does everything he needs for his music. And i do produce some of my friends that rap and a couple of local people. So i do consider myself a producer because that is what i do when i have time. and i want to get to the status where i am fulltime in the future. I'm still learning how to use the equipment but for the most part i do have it down.
    But i do agree, people on here say all kinds of shit like that and the truth is cool edit and FL doesn't make you kanye. lol.

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    well i didnt tell anyone i was a rapper or producer until oneday my friend wanted a cd of me and then preceeded to show everyone in school the cd.....

atleast i have people asking me when im gonna make a new cd now i guess

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    16-7
    Yeah my friend and member of my old group took a mixtape we did and spread it throughout my school and everyone found out... then i was like yeah i rap and make beats.... ^ Damn Friends.lol

Formerly known as Crysis Cory Stylez's Avatar
    Battle Record
    16-2
    word ^

but it wasnt just the school im at now, it was the school i was at last year too

so now im pretty locally known, its kinda scary to have people singing your lyrics and then you say hey thats me and they dont believe you, b/c no body that didnt go to school with me knows what i look like