Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: --Baptized In Fire--

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-1

--Baptized In Fire--

Baptized In Fire

........Hear Me.......

Inevitable circumstances, like my life is already wired on God's motherboard
    My head is dipped in the rages of ancient malevolent narcotic lords
    Im an embryo,terminally ill, constricted at the neck by poverty's umbilical cord
    My life is diagnosed to be ill-fated, like at my temple lies the tip of a sword
    As im engulfed in the fires of old that have ravaged the times of past
    The blaze spews out of every molecular skin pore, burning through my leg cast
    Im awake to the fact that life in the ghetto, is like being born into hell
    Walking around with tormented entities, suffering with pains that holy water cant quell
    I stand, bathed in the flickering souls of previous lost and tortured generations
    Driping in their essence, their pain, their emotions, resulting from ghetto confrontations
    I was born suprised, i saw the light but it was disguised by a false baptize
    Now my emotions are ruled by despise, emotion that once conjured cannot be revised
    Baptised in fire, rename the allocated title and theme my ghetto gospel
    Because life keeps one in the fire and brimstone and people can use my verse as a hostel
    My life at any moment in this heritical fantasy can spontaneously combust
    Its like the lord has the lock to happiness, but he let the key disintegrate and rust
    To the followers and zions he has in many ways broken his unwritten code of trust
    In Christ's name for centuries they have died, many feel their baptism injust
    The screams of grief, murder and temptaion, fail to be surpassed by the god's angelic choir
    Because in this world, itis impossible for a human being to advance higher
    As my very foundations are being burned at, my task is futile, i must retire
    Im doomed to fail,because being born in the ghetto is like being baptized in fire

Constructive feed y'all...an old ass poem I found on the PC, which ill hopefully incorprate into my book of poems ( "Beats,Rhymes and Life")..all feed appreciated
    acuitydesigns.net

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    0-1
    bump.......................
    acuitydesigns.net

¤|-.Alpha.-|¤
    I thought I already dropped a critique on this?, Guess not, Well anyways this good. Sorta a long read but not really. But is was still worth the read. It had good imagery and story was good. You never really went off subject. Good drop kid.