User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Freddie Foxx call's out Rakim

Freddie Foxx call's out Rakim

Someone is getting ready to do the absolutely unthinkable: call Rakim out on a record by name. It's not going to be anything like the subliminal sparring that was rumored to be going on between Rakim and Big Daddy Kane in the '80s. This person is going to dis the God, one of the greatest MCs ever. Who has enough courage to do so? None other than Mr. Fearless himself, Freddie Foxxx a.k.a. Bumpy Knuckles. The song is called "The King Is Down" and appears on his new LP, Amerikkkan Black Man.

"I will eat Rakim's ass alive on any record, any stage," Bumpy Knuckles asserted recently. "When I finish with him, every bit of legendary status he had is gonna go out the window. I swear on everything I stand on, I will eat that n---a alive, bar by bar. I'll tell him to his mutha----in' face."

So now you're gasping for air, and wondering why Freddie — a legendary hip-hop figure in his own right, who's earned respect for street pedigree as well as rap skills — is going at Ra. Well according to Foxxx, it goes back to the '80s in Wyandanch, New York, where Foxxx's rap team Supreme Force used to be competitive with Ra's team the Love Brothers. This was pre-Eric B. and Rakim.

"We got a history, you know. We got a real long history," Foxxx explained. "We from the same part of town. Ra has always had an attitude towards me that he was better than me — on the mic and more successful. How dare he think he can out-rhyme me. He has one style, that's all he's ever had."

What really got Foxxx upset, he said, was a Q&A with Rakim he read on hip-hop Web site Halftime Online. Rakim was asked about a battle that supposedly took place back in the day between the Love Brothers and Supreme Force squad.

"I never f---ing turned down a battle with that mutha----er!" Rakim is quoted as saying. Foxxx, you can front on the whole world, but you not fronting on me, n---a. ... Foxxx wasn't ferocious like that. Foxxx had two other cats that used to rhyme with him. They were a good group, but Foxxx wasn't ferocious like that baby pa."

"I read the article and it set me off," Foxxx said. "He said I'm 'not ferocious.' How dare he? His ego kicked in. I said I'm gonna let the world who he really is. People are only calling him a legend because of what he did with Eric B. Everything after that was wack. Nobody will say it to his face."

Foxxx said he's not sure when the dis record will be coming out, but his LP is slated for sometime in February. WWE champion John Cena and Talib Kweli rap on a record called "Give it to the A&R," while the Alchemist, Pete Rock, DJ Scratch and DJ Premier produced a myriad of the records.

"I'm too old to be chasing publicity," Foxxx said when asked if he really has a legitimate gripe with Rakim or if he's just doing it for hype for his album. "I don't need the publicity. I ain't no hater. But when I see he's so quick to always shoot me in the foot, enough is enough. Why would I want to get recognition on Rakim? He's nothing to me. Y'all see him differently than I do. On the song, I never called his name. We used to call him 'Pop' back in the day. I don't call him 'Rakim' on the record, I call him 'Pop.' "

Bumpy Knuckles also said he dares Rakim to come back at him on wax. "Turn your mic on, B," he said defiantly. "I want him to put me in my place."

Rakim is on tour and could not be reached for comment.

http://www.mtv.com/bands/m/mixtape_monday/092506/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Banned
    Battle Record
    50-5
    Wow.

better than legendary Neruda II's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-2
    Wow.(x2)
    murder murder

Battle Record
    10-1
    he produced john cenas album

nuff said

doesnotexist
    Why would he wate untill 2006 to dis him about something from the 80's?

He's trying to build up hype and buzz.

Battle Record
    7-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanja
    Why would he wate untill 2006 to dis him about something from the 80's?

He's trying to build up hype and buzz.
    He's dissing him about the interview, not the 80s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leave me alone

Battle Record
    24-13
    Hahaha.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15
    Foxx can bring the heat, I hope nobody forgets that. This should be real interesting
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    14-18
    Awards OM HOF PC HOF
    my god i would never bieleve anybody calling out rakim so this dude is officaly finshed yo

AI

Battle Record
    14-3
    Foxx is by far the scariest sounding black man ever.

Whenever I feel like a pansy I pretend I am Freddie Foxx and then I break things.

~*~*~DR - BEST FRIENDS CREW 4 LIFE~*~*~

doesnotexist
    Quote Originally Posted by inspire
    Foxx is by far the scariest sounding black man ever.

Whenever I feel like a pansy I pretend I am Freddie Foxx and then I break things.

Lmao

Chino XL vs. Freddie Foxx vs. Suge Knight

VS

VS.

Battle Record
    44-16
    "We got a history, you know. We got a real long history," Foxxx explained. "We from the same part of town. Ra has always had an attitude towards me that he was better than me — on the mic and more successful. How dare he think he can out-rhyme me. He has one style, that's all he's ever had."
    ^Rofl

Th ewhole irony of that part of the interview is...Rakim was better tahn him at that time..an WAAAAAYYYYYY more successfull.Lol..But Bumpy is a bully not really a dope emcee..so hear'n his rants are funny from a readers view..but scary if u were infront of him..I believe Bumpy'll knock rakim's ass into the dust with his fist..butit'll be the other way around on the mic.

Battle Record
    14-3
    It goes

1.) Freddie
    2.) Chino
    3.) Suge gets distracted by a bag of cheetos

~*~*~DR - BEST FRIENDS CREW 4 LIFE~*~*~

Battle Record
    3-5
    Quote Originally Posted by +*UnToUcHaBlE*+
    he produced john cenas album

nuff said

& john cena has a album why?

the dude makes hip hop look gay :/ *SMH

doesnotexist