User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: ReWire in Nuendo...

ReWire in Nuendo...

i remember (during a time when my pc worked and i could rewire with my old rig) being able to record the rewired tracks into cubase as if it were vocals or what-not. i just got Nuendo 3 to upgrade my to my new rig (PreSonus FireStudio Project | PreSonus FaderPort | Ram, Hard Drive, and driver upgrades...anyway).

My point is, when i play the rewired channels through nuendo, it delays playback for a few seconds and there's no option to record the audio into the nuendo project.

thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(You should all check this out)

ESKWIRE
    Battle Record
    6-3

Re: ReWire in Nuendo...

Read The Nuendo Manual And That Should Help You Out

Its In The First Section ... I Think Its Called "getting Started"
    PR

[SOUNDCLICK]2959062&q=hi[/SOUNDCLICK]

Up Against the Wind

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by The 13th Apostle View Post
    i remember (during a time when my pc worked and i could rewire with my old rig) being able to record the rewired tracks into cubase as if it were vocals or what-not. i just got Nuendo 3 to upgrade my to my new rig (PreSonus FireStudio Project | PreSonus FaderPort | Ram, Hard Drive, and driver upgrades...anyway).

My point is, when i play the rewired channels through nuendo, it delays playback for a few seconds and there's no option to record the audio into the nuendo project.

thanks
    what your talking about can't be done.
    I dunno what you remember, but there is no way to track rewire into an audio track in nuendo 3. That would defeat the purpose of rewiring your app into Nuendo.

There is a way to do it in 4 though.

But there may be a solution to your problem, but its tedious, and may not work.

There is a macro you can use if you go to "edit/macros"
    its called "render VSTi"
    i never tried it on a rewire channel though, and i dont have my setup here to test it... but you should try it on some VST instruments forst so you can get the general idea of how it works.
    Make sure when you render, that you check the box in the "save file" portion that says "import back into project" and "import to pool"... (or whatever they say exactly)

im not sure if it will work, but you can try that.

and as far as your project delaying playback time.. you must be using FLStudio. (cuz i havent experienced it with any other app, like melodyne, reason, or whatever.)
    I dunno why Nuendo and FLStudio act the way they do together, but if your session in FL starts at 0... the first notes of all the stuff in FL wont play. I had the same problem.

SImple solution was, to edit my playlist in FL Studio, so that the project has a empty 4 bar lead in. Like if everything starts on bar 1... i'd move it to 5 in FL Studio.

that way it'll play everything from the begining, but it will just be a little 4 bar count before everything starts playing.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

You can't record from tracks in Nuendo? That doesn't sound right to me. It's very common to record vsti to track and even vst fx. What about bouncing subgroups? You have to be able to do that shit in Nuendo 3. It's basic. If you can do that stuff then you should be able to do the same with rewired tracks. You probably can't record to he rewire track but you HAVE to be able to route the audio to a recordable track.

Battle Record
    5-3

Quote Originally Posted by ...Opey... View Post
    You can't record from tracks in Nuendo? That doesn't sound right to me. It's very common to record vsti to track and even vst fx. What about bouncing subgroups? You have to be able to do that shit in Nuendo 3. It's basic. If you can do that stuff then you should be able to do the same with rewired tracks. You probably can't record to he rewire track but you HAVE to be able to route the audio to a recordable track.
    As far as I know, you can not route a Rewire output to the input of a audio track in Nuendo 3. If there is a way, I obviously don't know. There is a great chance I dont know, considering i was having a problem with being able to change tempo in real time in Nuendo, until i actually went to the help forum online and asked how to do it. I am still learning the ins and outs of Nuendo, even after like 6 years of being a dedicated user. lol.
    But as far as tracking from a rewire out... the only way i can think of doig it would be that macro function in Nuendo.

I know in Nuendo 4, they reworked all the routing, so that you can route anything to anything. That's another reason i think it cant be done, because of the big deal they made in the upgrade notes of version 4.
    Welcome to reality.

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

damn. I'm glad I waited till version 4 came along to dive in. It just seems like something that has to have a solution but I guess not. I wasn't aware of track routing limitations in version 3 tho. there aren't aux sends on the rewire tracks?

wordness, i stated leaving a four bar space after i noticed the defect, but i was hoping there was a software solution the shit. oh well, that works.

Haven't tried bouncing subgroups, but the macros thing sound logical, i'll give it a shot and see what happens.

worst case senerio, i just mix the beat in FL Studio around rough vocals in Nuendo, save the fl session file, close all application, open Fl save the newly mixed beat, and open it as a stereo file...right? Cuz all i'm really interested in about ReWire is the spectacular mixing capabilities that come from it. I'd get a much better mix if i were treationg the vocals like a instrument in Fl instead of an add-on to an existing mixed-down audio file. namean?

thanks guys

(You should all check this out)

Battle Record
    18-0
    Awards 25+ Wins

You would have to bounce each track in FL and import them into Nuendo. You wouldn't bounce a stereo mix of the whole instrumental. You want all the individual instruments on their own tracks. If you're going to do that then you should import into nuendo before you ever record vocals. why use rewire if you're going to import anyway?