Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Freestyle or not?

..Never Stop Searching.. The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
    Battle Record
    70-9
    Awards 50+ Wins

Thumbs up Freestyle or not?

Ok i just want your opinions on what you think a freestyle actually is....

on youtube you can find 100's of Eminems verses labelled 'sick freestyle',but i doubt they are freestyles...

the only true one ive seen is where some dude gives him words to freestyle about,as obviously he cant predict what words he's gonna' use..(btw i am not slating eminem,i think he's dope,its just he is the one who's 'freestyles' are plastered across youtube)

to you is a freestyle something spit without having a piece of paper infront of them? or is it something just made up on the spot.. the latter is what a freestyle is to me

because when you watch rap city with tigga etc,its called freestyle friday,but are you seriously telling me them cats go in there clear minded? i doubt it,i'd put my house on it that they memorize what they are gonna' say...

people think just because its spit on a mic without reading,that its a freestyle,hell no....

opinions please

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Re: Freestyle or not?

lmao @ your sig... but a freestyle is basically when you zone out and are spitting w/o really knowing what's coming a line or 2 ahead

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

Quote Originally Posted by ]-[ulK View Post
    Ok i just want your opinions on what you think a freestyle actually is....

on youtube you can find 100's of Eminems verses labelled 'sick freestyle',but i doubt they are freestyles...

the only true one ive seen is where some dude gives him words to freestyle about,as obviously he cant predict what words he's gonna' use..(btw i am not slating eminem,i think he's dope,its just he is the one who's 'freestyles' are plastered across youtube)

to you is a freestyle something spit without having a piece of paper infront of them? or is it something just made up on the spot.. the latter is what a freestyle is to me

because when you watch rap city with tigga etc,its called freestyle friday,but are you seriously telling me them cats go in there clear minded? i doubt it,i'd put my house on it that they memorize what they are gonna' say...

people think just because its spit on a mic without reading,that its a freestyle,hell no....

opinions please
    I think a freestyle can be a written or off the top of your head. Some people call it a freeverse but a written can be used on many instrumentals depending on how you spit it. Memorizing a written is like memorizing the good punchlines that come to mind. Its all the same to me.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

..Never Stop Searching.. The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
    Battle Record
    70-9
    Awards 50+ Wins

^Yeh i hear you both,but i could write some shit,memorize it....then go chill with my peeps and spit it,and they be like 'thats a sick freestyle' etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rock you in the Face Sir Skiddz SoPhrenic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-15

but isn't that a freestyle... even if you wrote it and memorized it your spitting a 16 off the top of your head. And what alot of rappers do is go around with one verse and spit it where they make appearances. with the internet its not as easy but I dont think a freestyle has to be necessarily thought of on the spot.
    Hence Forward.. BURR!
    [YOUTUBE]seYxVBIsycE[/YOUTUBE]
    Just watch My Back, I got the front.

Battle Record
    179-20
    Awards Legendary Member 1-2 Punch HW Champion 1-2 Season Champion LLL Champion Golden Glove Champion LLL HOF 150+ Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
    but isn't that a freestyle... even if you wrote it and memorized it your spitting a 16 off the top of your head. And what alot of rappers do is go around with one verse and spit it where they make appearances. with the internet its not as easy but I dont think a freestyle has to be necessarily thought of on the spot.
    i have some boys that feel like that but i don't... it's like going to a freestyle battle... you can obviously tell the writtens... but the guy that's commenting on what his opponent is doing at that moment is freestyling...

Banned
    Battle Record
    82-17
    Awards 75+ Wins

damm its sad wut happened 2 mariah she was only 16 lol

Get Familiar

yeah i think ppl mix the meaning up of freestyle...to me freestyle is straight off the dome no paper nothing written before (this imo is somethign hard to get good at it and keep it going while makign sense) a freeverse is somethign written that has no topic...but i see what ppl are saying that freestyles can also be memorized writtens...so id unno anymore what it means lol
    Real life experiences told through music

Download/Stream my latest project, 1Life EP @

freestyle is somethin spit of tha top off your head

^ yup

you should be able to tell a freestyle from a written verse when you listen. Freestyles are never as polished as written verses are.

Battle Record
    7-1

Freestyle is off the dome son..

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Lmao @ your sig, Hulk.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Word. Freestylin` is makin` shit up on the spot. If it`s somethin` you have memorized or written before. Then that`s what it is. Memorized or written. Not freestyled. Plain and simple. I don`t see the point of tryin` to call a memorized verse a freestyle. Actually doin` shit on the spot is fun. That`s why I hate when people spit a written verse when you freestylin` with them. It kills the buzz for me. I wanna be there like "ooooo he just murdered that shit off the top, now I needa up the bar". Idk. I think freestylin` with people who are actually comin` up with shit on the spot builds up a dope vibe/energy.

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    7-1

i freestyle on the spot with tpains iphone app...so even if it's ass...it sounds...well..yea it's still pretty much sounds like ass

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

lmao. he has an iphone app?

A.i

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit