User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Eminem "Relapse Re-Fill" Album Review

blew up
    Battle Record
    3-3

Red face Eminem "Relapse Re-Fill" Album Review

I saw that no one else had done a review on the masters’ latest album/half album. So I have decided too. Relapse 2 was supposed to come out in "the last quarter of last year" he replaced it with relapse refill because he felt the quality was not good enough to release on a whole album. So he re released relapse along with another cd; refill which contains 7 songs.

Forever- he opens the cd with a collaboration with Drake, Kayne West and Lil Wayne. Each artist performs a verse and drake also does the chorus. I think that each verse improves in style and skill. Drake starts off with a poor verse (like a sprained ankle I anit nothing to play with) smh, honestly if someone put that in a battle on here they would be laughed off. In fairness Drake does the chorus very well in my opinion he should stick to singing and lay off the rapping. Kayne then comes in with a fairly mediocre verse slightly topping drakes. Lil Wayne delivers a relaxed average verse it didn’t really sound like he put all his effort. The song climaxes with Eminem proving he is still the best with more complex rhymes and double speed. 6/10

Hell breaks Loose- A song really focused on the beat and the chorus. The sort of song that is really for clubbing not for listening. Him and Dre basically rap about how good eminem is fairly basic not enough outstanding lines in my opinion. 6/10

Buffalo Bill- for me this is where the song picks up em mixes humour and darkness perfectly. It is sort of a mix between 3 am and stay wide awake of relapse. As he muses over murdering a burglary. The chorus is simple but catchy and comes as a nice break form the intensity of the verse. Em uses a variety of accents in this one even trys a yoda one. 8/10

Elevator- in my opinion the best on the album. And one of the best choruses I have heard from him reminiscing over "goofing on the phone with proof". the story of the song is about his riches and how he could never of imagined hence the "living in a house with a fucking elevator". his lyrical skill shines throughout making me laugh out loud on many occasions with his quick wit and dry humour. 9/10

Taking my ball- A song released for dj hero and the song has many similarities. First time you here it you are attracted to it and like it however after to many plays it becomes boring and fairly annoying. The main reason is the beat is repetitive and piercing fairly similar to "just don’t give a fuck" there are parts which are humorous but overall not a great song 6/10

Music box - em returns to the dark stuff with this song. As he puts on a very dark shady it sounds as if he is on the verge of lunacy. He does put in extremely clever and funny lines throughout. References to his mum (drug related and daughter are used. 7/10

Drop the bomb on 'em- catchy and upbeat song to end the album. Another accent is discovered as he introduces in what sounds like an attempt on an east London accent. "i ant wearin zilch zip zero nothing no nada/ like you fa'da fucking ur ma'da" my favourite line summing up his cheek and humour in this song 7/10

Album was slightly disappointing in my opinion 3 weak songs (admittedly one wasn’t his fault fuckin drake) but i would have liked to see those songs replaced with some of his better stuff. I think he used his accents well but do think he should have a couple of songs with his normal voice. 2 stand out songs which if u haven’t already done u should definitely listen to them overall album I would give a 7/10 in my eyes disappointing because all his other albums bar encore I would give 9 or 10 out of 10

Re: relapse re-fill

em does his thing

You've Earned a Custom Title! freeflowz's Avatar
    Battle Record
    6-12

didnt hear but i def will pick it up

Battle Record
    1-0

alotta ppl got worried wen he came out with encore that he just turned soft n didnt have it anymore, he went thru his own albums on "be careful what u wish for" and laid it all out what he thot about it. in my opinion since hes been back its been pure fire, drop the bomb on em is my fav on re-fill it reminds me of Underground on relapse, both songs were line after line of fire to close out the cd

Battle Record
    10-3
    Awards LLL HOF

you know.. for a minute.. more like a second. after i listened to that hook on elevator a couple times.. i got that feelin the old em used to give me. thas wassup.

Buffalo Bill is honestly one of my favorite EMINEM songs...His voice syncopation is godly, imo.
    Music:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    141-66
    Awards LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted FL Champion VBL Champion Golden Glove Champion 100+ Wins

^his flows nasty in that

Shut up and make music Big Question's Avatar
    Battle Record
    24-10

just goes to show, he puts on a whole host of weird accents and still delivers
    genius
    A.I

Hip Hop Uk Resurrection

Banned
    A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.
    Battle Record
    25-6

the relapse was hott the refill IMO coulda been better but em still killed it

You've Earned a Custom Title! JJJ's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-2

Re: Eminem "Relapse Re-Fill" Album Review

i was feeling this one good follow up

Banned

i actually think eminem did his thing on this album lyrics and flows were pretty crazyyy

i agree with ^ lyrics and flow were something unique

Battle Record
    12-18

Nice review

I'm a big fan of Eminem, but I feel that Relapse: Refill was one of his worst CD's.

The songs are mostly about nothing, but simply just words that rhyme. Very few clever puns. There's no message to it, unlike many of Eminem's other records. There's less punchlines than his other records. The beats were good, but the accents were really getting old at that point.

Elevator was a good song, but none of the songs were truly anything more than just good.