User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: If you where to run....

I'm here to Destroy YOU! Galactus The Devourer's Avatar
    Battle Record
    2-0

If you where to run....

If you where to run for government with your ultimate goal of becoming the governor of your state, how would you initially start out to accomplish this.

I have been a firefighter for the past 3 1/2 years. I volunteer as an emergency medical responder on the weekends, prior to that I was active duty in the USMC for 5 years when I got out honorably as a Sergeant E-5. I have a degree in business administration and am generally well liked.

I am 27, and I would like to be involved in my towns local government before I am 30. Basically I would like to make a difference.

Anyone have any insight on what I could do to fast track my objectives? Anyone have any experience working for or as an elected public official?

What qualities would you want in your towns elected official, what platforms would you support? Do you even vote at the local level?

oh please excuse my typo in the title, I work 3rd shift and have not been to bed yet
    Last edited by Galactus The Devourer; October 20th, 2011 at 10:43 AM
    Se7en Travels

You've Earned a Custom Title!

Re: If you where to run....

I'd say run for mayor of your town to start or maybe a state representative. the 2nd is a lil harder but doable. Your record, barring any skeletons in your closet so to speak is impeccable. Promise change and lay out how you would solve said problems your community is facing in less then 3 steps. Claim you'll lower taxes and be tougher on crime. Get the endorsement of the police, firefighters and local businesses to back your campaign instead of the other guys.

Biggest thing that can win a local election easily, Marketing...Saturate the town or area with your face, billboards benches, sides of buses, pay for a weekly column in your local paper where you talk candidly to the people about the issues of the day. Preferably do this at least 3-4 months in advance of the election. Focus on how the present administration has failed the community.

Now the dirtier side...

Pay a young woman to walk into your debate with a baby and claim its your opponents. no sooner then 3 weeks to the election tho. That alone should be enough to make people question his integrity and propel you into office. Also use a crime syndicate to ensure more violent crimes and robberies occur during the months leading up to the election and highlight how the current administration cant keep the citizens safe. This ties in with getting the police endorsement because you can promise the police chief more money to fight said crime once your elected. Which will seem to work because crime will drop and it will be because you supposedly gave the cops more money and its only because your pulling the strings. Now your able to embezzle that excess and funnel it into a superpac 401(C)? i think, the thing karl rove does. so you can use it for your campaign funds and don't have to say who/where the money came from.

This sets up your run for the next higher office. rinse and repeat on bigger scale and soon you'll be the next governor.

Battle Record
    0-2

the last time county elections came around.....there was a guy named John Degrassi who had never been involved in ANYTHING prior to this, apart from working at the polls and things of that nature...

but anyway, he ran to be the councilman for my area....and instead of sending out people with flyers door to door, the man came personally to peoples houses....
    this mustve had a huge impact, because now, this unknown guy is the representative in my area....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

Uhm, probably boobs to be honest.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Battle Record
    1-1

Join Illuminati conspiracy. Realize you can never make a difference. Take it up ass for fifty years.
    [youtube]3JWXNPaLSkA[/youtube]

you know I wanna feel special

MCL

this is cool man big ups to you bro
    your doing something that could
    help bring change to your city
    big fucking ups do yah thing man..

Battle Record
    7-1

pffh..id run you all into the ground!...i jog six days a week..four miles a day in the morning then another three in the afternoon..on top of weight training four days out of the week..

so id be able to juggle babies while running..

you can't do that..no one on this site can do that...im a fucking phenomenal phenomenon

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

I did it once, forgot to take a picture though, and nobody was there, but I definitely did it...definitely.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Battle Record
    12-8

Lol @ joining the Gov't because you want to make a difference.

Won't happen. They'll either kick you out or you'll become just as corrupt as the rest of them.

Battle Record
    2-0

What's funny? Trying to make a difference or that being in the government means you can't help people? Welcome to reality, I'm sure there has been a law or bill that has been pushed and supported by your local government that directly effects even you.

I already help people, pretty much every day I'm Applying o2 blood pressure cuffs doing CPR, help others around YOU, volunteer give back to those less fortunate.
    Se7en Travels

Battle Record
    12-8

I'm obviously NOT laughing @ the fact you want to give back.

Had you actually read my post, you would see why I'm laughing. Fact is, gov't is corrupt. You would be pushing you or your party's agenda. Not pushing to help people. That's how gov't works. And if you're not crooked to some extent, you'll be kicked out.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

all that needs to be said or done is to represent the people you claim to represent.
    frank lucas- "the loudest one in the room is the weakest"

Battle Record
    11-10
    Awards OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Lol @ joining the Gov't because you want to make a difference.

Won't happen. They'll either kick you out or you'll become just as corrupt as the rest of them.
    Sadly, true.

This is also sort of why I gave up on my dream to become a journalist.

24 x OM Hall Of Fame

Battle Record
    2-0

why does everyone think that all levels of government are corrupt, common now
    Se7en Travels

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus The Devourer View Post
    why does everyone think that all levels of government are corrupt, common now
    Its a sad truth fam....90 percent of the government is corrupt and the other 10 percent are just there for a paycheck.

Unemployed or looking for side money?
    Make 100 bucks a day