User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Season 17: Ideas from You....

Battle Record
    8-9
    Awards SS HW Champion PC HOF OM HOF

Season 17: Ideas from You....

For this next season, I want to hear any ideas that you may have that could be incorporated into the season....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Best Topical Writer: 143

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

Re: Season 17: Ideas from You....

just a thought

perhaps an in house award showcase at the end of the season

Categories (rough draft)

- best voter (most quality and consistent voter)
    - most improved (which writer shown the most improvement over the season)
    - Rookie Award (best newcomer to the league)
    - top 3 of the season. (basically bronze / silver / gold . . best 3 verses of the season)
    - MVP (who dominated the majority of weeks)
    - Longest win streak holder (who held the most consecutive weeks in a row)
    - biggest tool (no explination needed. . . this will be reserved for biters and douche bags)
    - Battle of the season (self explained)
    - SS All Star (who showed the most passion, determination, and overall activity and dedication to the league)
    - SS Predictions (who consistently made the best outcome predictions)
    - Best in attendence (who showed up to every battle and participated week in and week out)
    - Story Teller Award (which verse showed the best story or the most origional concept)

perhaps can make a small showcase out of it to stick in the hall of champions or somewhere

other then that. . it would be cool to see tag team battles at some point
    Last edited by Nohbody; December 13th, 2016 at 01:40 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Light View Post
    just a thought

best voter
    most improved
    top 3 verses of the season. basically bronze / silver / gold . . best 3 verses of the week
    top voter
    MVP
    Longest win streak holder
    biggest tool
    Battle of the season etc etc etc

perhaps can make a small showcase out of it to stick in the hall of champions or somewhere

other then that. . it would be cool to see tag team battles at some point
    Yes we can do that...let's work on it...

Battle Record
    8-9

I would like to have all-stars chosen as they may not fit in any of the above categories but the effort, drive and dedication puts them in this category

Battle Record
    3-1
    Awards AOTW AOTM MOTM SS HW Champion Legendary Member OM HOF SS Season Champion

@143

I edited my original post to draft some ideas for the end of season award showcase

feel free to add or remove anything you want from the draft

An armed man is a citizen,
    An unarmed man is a victim

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Light View Post
    just a thought

Categories (rough draft)

- most improved (which writer shown the most improvement over the season)
    - Rookie Award (best newcomer to the league)
    - Best in attendence (who showed up to every battle and participated week in and week out)

^ a few that would motivate the newcomer.
    Best Rookie of Season 13 - Poet's Society

You've Earned a Custom Title! Metrics's Avatar

It sucks that there could be a "best in attendance" feels like those little certificates the school gives you if you don't miss any days. haha

I agree with like an "All-Stars", "MVP" and a "All-Rookie Team" or Rookie of the month/year

Battle Record
    8-9

I like the Writer of the Week

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

No more check-in rules. It's ruining leagues on this site by eliminating good competition way too early over such a petty charge.

Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by OG Maestro View Post
    No more check-in rules. It's ruining leagues on this site by eliminating good competition way too early over such a petty charge.
    We have to have check in rules because it gives us a chance to have more options of recombining matches, changing topics so that the recombined battle is on a even playing field. It holds all battlers to some responsibility to show up and be active. It's an indicator to say I'm here literally takes 5 seconds to do which shows activity. There is no way to have the PM that goes out that says that you have a battle to be used as a check in or I would love to do that because it is directly sent to you instead of me or any mod tagging people. @ILLunatic is there some way that the message that goes out when a battle is set register also as that person checking in when they accept it?

Battle Record
    91-46
    Awards SS Season Champion Haiku Season Champion 75+ Wins Haiku Champion FL Champion 1-2 Punch HW Champion - 1-2 Champion OM HOF PC HOF SS HW Champion

Quote Originally Posted by 143 View Post
    We have to have check in rules because it gives us a chance to have more options of recombining matches, changing topics so that the recombined battle is on a even playing field. It holds all battlers to some responsibility to show up and be active. It's an indicator to say I'm here literally takes 5 seconds to do which shows activity. There is no way to have the PM that goes out that says that you have a battle to be used as a check in or I would love to do that because it is directly sent to you instead of me or any mod tagging people. @ILLunatic is there some way that the message that goes out when a battle is set register also as that person checking in when they accept it?
    No nigga, no.

You NEVER recombine battles in a league that has less than 20 people on the roster.

Long story short, it reduces the competition for Contenders. If you keep recombining battles then you'll eventually have more losers than winners and you'll find yourself running in circles trying to make battles for the next week.

Dudes are losing a battle, falling from Champ. Winning a battle. And going right back to Contenders. It's wack as hell, and in order to control these leagues you moderators need to start using logical approaches to how to structure the battle-system.

But, it's your world. I'll just be here reaping the benefits, as a competitor I guess.

Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by OG Maestro View Post
    No nigga, no.

You NEVER recombine battles in a league that has less than 20 people on the roster.

Long story short, it reduces the competition for Contenders. If you keep recombining battles then you'll eventually have more losers than winners and you'll find yourself running in circles trying to make battles for the next week.

Dudes are losing a battle, falling from Champ. Winning a battle. And going right back to Contenders. It's wack as hell, and in order to control these leagues you moderators need to start using logical approaches to how to structure the battle-system.

But, it's your world. I'll just be here reaping the benefits, as a competitor I guess.
    In this current format it works. This first four weeks is purely seeding so for instance, enclave and late bloomer will face each other again and if they end up tied, it would come down to votes as far as seeding because in the long run of things, it is up to your talents to make you the clear winner. Now didn't you last season asked for a battle to be recombined for a three way match? So at one end you have to decide if you want recombined matches or you don't but even without recombining, check ins is a must for the overall league and it again goes back to the responsibility of the competitor to get this in. 5 seconds, that's all.

Battle Record
    91-46

No, I never asked you to recombine. I asked you to let the tournament structure play out naturally. You were the one that recombined, and took yourself out of the playoffs which left us with an odd number of people in the playoffs.

I'm not agreeing with you but I'll let it rest. I just can't see why you want to subtract competition out of the league with a petty check-in rule instead of a simple verse-deadline. The competitors only responsibility is to post a verse on time. Dudes might log on a day after the check-in deadline and still write a good ass verse and win their battle, but by your check-in rule they wouldn't have the opportunity.

Battle Record
    5-21

but really how hard is it to checkin?? it just shows you put more effort in by saying yes i recognize we are battling on said date...... its not really that hard is it??
    a labyrinth of power.....

Battle Record
    91-46

Yo, who cares how hard it is. Explain the purpose of a check-in and maybe I'll be on board with it.

Great writers are working long hours, not finding the time to log on for a few days and are DQ'ed over a check-in. That's my issue with it. Life happens, and the check-in rule makes things more inconvenient due to the steep consequence that follows. Recombining battles is'nt natural. In the NFL there is no recombining. In the NBA there is no recombining. This is a league just like they are leagues, let's run it like it then.