User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: SSR Magazine: Welcome Home Edition

Battle Record
    34-10
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion 25+ Wins PC HOF OM HOF

SSR Magazine: Welcome Home Edition

https://i.imgur.com/D4U7PKR.png

WELCOME...HOME! Sacred Scriptures is back, and we're starting with ten powerful writers who all have an interesting and colorful background! Hopefully, as the season progresses and people see we're serious, we'll attract more numbers but as is I'm rather happy with the potential of this first week and what a week it'll surely be being the FIRST of three challenge weeks where the BEST OVERALL WRITER will be paid CASH MONEY! That's exciting, right?! In this magazine, I'll cover the writer biographies, along with some talented pieces by said writers. I'll cover match predictions. I'll go over this week's theme a little and what inspired me to choose it and my top three writers! I look forward to diving into this as I haven't done a magazine in awhile and I'm ultimately STOKED for the return of this league! Goosebumps! Leggo!

https://i.imgur.com/T6ttkvc.png

A Disciple

We'll start this off with A Disciple, possibly the wildest and rawest of the bunch. An emotional rollercoaster, this one. Constantly riding lines that we normal folk can't seem to see with out own eyes as she travels in between the parallel multiverse. Her pieces, fueled by emotion and raw writing COULD be polished up and revised a bit but that untamed energy could also help her pick up a few wins over the low and mid tier writers out there. Watch out for this one as she makes you afraid of your enemies again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Kissed Sand
    I remember you teaching me how to kiss... they still say I'm the best kisser
    Dreaming of you across sets that visually became real... does that mean that you miss her (me)
    When I woke up it all finally made sense and I thought the nightmare was over
    "Wish me luck" still pulling the card of the four leaf clover
    Every night at 7pm we would meet in the lobby
    Because you were my first no one ever stepped to you
    And war became my hobby
    I feel like I keep saying to you the same things
    But this is insanity and all the other shit trying to get money brings
    "When you make love, do you look in the mirror"?
    I do all the time only now the visrion is clearer
    It's not the love for the dark that I called you back
    Its not even for revenge on their planned attack
    It's because you left me at frozen, and ever since I can't feel
    Until I felt a glimpse of your touch again and realized it was real
    "Making love to you didn't drive me crazy"
    But on this levels shit... things that trip most people up doesnt even phase me
    I don't have much, just 10 split seconds to remind me it's all real
    And an excruciating pain inside not knowing whats up to remind me I feel
    Are you ever coming back for me?
    Cause "Poetic Justice" left me at blind and I still can't see
    Do you remember the day I got out of the pool
    Cum dripping down my leg and you jumped out so fast to cover a fool
    I remember now why my brothers friend threw me in
    You know I never in my life gave head in that position again?
    I look at my niece, my mini me
    And I remember the mind set of this is just how it has to be
    I don't remember the after
    I can care less about their laughter
    Just 10 split seconds I got back when I flatlined
    The world can come to a grinding halt, but it can't ever rewind (time)
    How did so many people become involved?
    Then for the them to say it's MY dream that evolved?
    8 years and counting and to date I have survived every day
    If a "Coward dies a thousand deaths" then a soldier can only die 1 way
    ~ A broken heart
    It happened to my father it really is true
    If ever I was scared more it'd be in knowing me too
    But I refuse to put that pressure on you (It's not like that)
    Cause nothing would hurt more than you not doing what you want to do
    I don't want to be your obligation and I want to understand your hesitation
    IDK I'm up now, it feels like I'm too late but still I just wanted to make sure you knew
    I'm up now... and I finally remember you
    Cody Nash

Cody Nash, fka Cry or ThatKidCry. What can I say about the guy that anybody from pre-2010 doesn't already know? Legendary open mic with Blacketh? Check! Champed two seasons of Write of Passage? Check! Champed Sacred Scriptures? Check! Close to 20 Open Mic Hall of Fames? Check! The guy has done it all topically. Only reason he's still here? He loves to writes, plain as that. The man has a passion for this art just like I do and he doesn't care if he's 60 with eight grand babies, he'll still be writing on his iPhonex1000. The man is an absolute beast with the pen and a threat to everyone in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by She Makes The Rain Better
    She Makes the Rain Better
    By: Cry

Picture this..
    I'm standin' in it when the rain "drip, drips!"
    so it figures that I go insane, listenin'
    to her name, which is listed in the top charts of my brain,
    and I find composure from that is so hard to regain,
    part of me's saying.. "stop doing what you do,
    just quit staring at someone new for you to lose!"
    but she knew.. she knew that I was doomed from the start,
    and she still wanted something to do with my heart..
    so we threw in a spark; it rained hard..
    me thinking we'd be electrocuted was the lame part,
    because praise God - the rain felt great,
    and so I encouraged that the rain fell days,
    months, even years; it's all good from today!
    and it could make part of the news good for a change,
    I look for embrace - and in an awfully funny format,
    the weatherman's wrong on every sunny forcast,
    cliche' as a welcoming floormat, but so natural it hurts,
    natural as if we were formed from an actual birth.

Then today..
    I opened my Jones at about 9 to 3:00,
    cracked open that lid and it said to "Climb a Tree"
    and I said that's fine for me, just so long as she's on top,
    but can I bring a mask in case she sees I'm lost?
    it'll be my fault, but at least she won't spy
    that my medals are slightly off and I'm not a gold guy,
    and stop it, oh my! those compliments are nice..
    but for once in my life, I find when she's honest it's a lie.
    I'm not what she thinks.. we love and hardly know
    about what makes us love - man, aren't we slow?
    and that sparkling glow returns, so I'm left upcasting
    which in turn, makes my current girlfriend unhappy,
    even she once had me, but I love too much..
    throwing a hook back out; "the one you touched."

So picture this..
    I have a girlfriend, who I'm delighted's with me,
    then I have girl friend who I get more excited to see!
    and when in the rain she's that lightnin', it seems
    I can climb rain drops and get hang time in the streets,
    the silver lining in me - she brings out my best,
    but also the worst in the pit of my chest..
    won't give into what's left, I'll be hurtin' none!
    this is the one thing I never learned in love -
    with my current one I ruin great sweaters,
    and she.. she makes the rain better.

peace..
    Echelon

FKA AJ The Menace. This man was an absolute THREAT on RR a few years ago. Went from being the undefeated Topical champion for YEARS to being... well... not 100% aware. Like A Disciple, Echelon travels between this realm and another, disguised by the shadows of reality and fantasy. You never know when he'll drop a keystyle on you or when he'll drop a self hype piece but 9/10 times ... you'll be fascinated by what he drops regardless. Except some interesting work from the guy this season...

Quote Originally Posted by RR Topical Title Match
    My despondent life moves with the waves of a dreary ocean, I bare emotions of a fish that’s lost his way
    At constant times I drown in a place where there’s barley solace, while careless Seagulls guffaw at my fall in pain
    My pumping ventricles are wished to be clogged by an Octopus, whose absorbent grungy tentacles yearn my urn
    Yet the unpleasant Eel won’t even shock me shook, for this broken fish has no electrical current worth
    And I’m besieged in vacancy, swimming the seas in atrophy, trying to have the strength of mighty sailing ships
    But a cynical hermit crab designed my skeleton, which is why I’m mistook for a spineless Jellyfish
    If only I’d had a blissful companion we swim the Atlantic, and stay together as engagement followed through
    But with my miserable antics that missions titanic, the sea to me will forever be a space of solitude
    It’s all in view, all this fish’s infinite limitations, if only you could see through the eyes I count with
    I tried to get a definite reputation, but received the disgraceful stripes of clownfish
    I’ve just been racing through life contesting aloof, hoping eventually in my gills, potency grew
    Now my soul is in two and water’s reflecting my mood, I guess that’s why this sorrowed ocean is blue…

And every night I wish the horizon; shed a light to where I’ll subside in
    I wish to sever ties with Poseidon, and he end my life with his Trident...

I wish…

I wish a ship of oil, tipped and boiled on my scaly skin; I wish demented mortals, ripped and soiled both my tail and fins
    I wish to end with this distress, in depths of an abyssal trench, I wish this fish had twist in nets, and finally submit to death!

I wish…

I wish a morbid band of sharks had embarked to drown my symphony,
    I wish a swordfish stabbed my heart and the scars bled out in infamy…

But then I realize if I was granted all the wishes I said
    I’d just be back where I started, sleeping with the fishes again…

Will I ever lift from this sorrow?

I’m swimming in the depths of depression with no way to set to ascension, as my mind’s spinning in a seeped whirlpool
    Suddenly out the corner of my cornea, on the Ocean’s sandy floor in blood, I spot a lying Sea Turtle
    I swam towards the sand that centered thee; he must’ve been a century, on how his shell’s design emerged
    But his neck gashed by an enemy, and as a dying remedy, he whispered me his final words…

“Through the ups and downs of ocean waters, eventually you’ll find your way
    No need to stop at frozen harbors, for in this sea we call life, the tide will change…

And you will Ascend pass the waves"

With that, his eyes began to slightly close, as his carcass slowly faded away
    Now, with those words of wisdom, I’ll always remember to saver this day

1 year later

Now...

Now I look at a hurricane straight in the eye, and blind it with my bright complexion
    I clear all the burning rain, grayest of skies, and move it when I fight deception
    I’m in the right direction as the waters have settled; I’m passing marginal levels as the light’s reflection
    My heights extended passed the mark of the devil, I’m leaving sharks with the pebbles as the night intended
    My flight’s ascended, as I’m elevating the softest, no more warring scenes of contemplating the hardships
    I’ll pass the ninth dimension, reach into the sea and make a so serene constellation of starfish
    Now I’m one like a group of sea lions, as the aurora borealis has my mind enchanted
    I’m so high with peace I’ll seek Sirens, to form an alluring exploring voyage to find Atlantis
    Now there’s no holding catalyst, and no more hazardous frantic bliss
    Now my only passing wish, is all see the light without an Angler fish
    That there’s hope to the pain and the strife, it's all in the changing tides
    Take the past and ocean wave it goodbye, now alas you will elevate your life

To Greater Heights.

And Ascend passed the waters to paradise.
    Kuhn

YDK, what can I say about David? One one of my favorite proteges next to Trajik and White Winter, YDK has flown from the nest and ran his own journey since the early days of Creational Damage. He even managed to keep pace in the shark infested waters of the NC Topical Scene for awhile. Kuhn is a talented storyteller that when taking his time, can compete with the best of theme using some elite imagery and emotion. I look forward to seeing some great work from him in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Stories
    I slowly noticed the motions floating under the bed
    Where I hoped for a moment it was all in my head.
    My eyes focused on the faces staring back at me; dead.
    These dolls and their apathy, left me panicked, I fled.
    Dysfunctional beings, inanimate objects that's talked
    When the cord was pulled or button mashed, us kids were at fault.
    Just a kiss, I was taught, could make a prince from a frog,
    And a cupboard could make a tiny Indian stand up and walk.
    It was a magical world that I yearned to be apart of
    But it was a never ending story that I wasn't in charge of.
    I wanted to roar with the lions on top of pride rock,
    Or build webs with Charlotte in the barn with livestock.
    But it wasn't to be, I was only human of course,
    And even with imagination, reality was enforced.
    Years passed and I prematurely grew from my innocence
    And I hated the world for what it was, the hatred and wickedness.
    The death and the sicknesses that claimed so many I loved,
    Forced me to revert to my childhood where life could be numbed.
    The faceless mothers in cartoons were suddenly mine,
    Because the memory of my own had faded and left me here blind.
    I tried to grow up, I nearly faltered as a father
    But I pushed through the chaos to reach out to my daughter.
    Now I lay with her next to me while her toys litter the floor,
    And remind myself that she's the reason that I'm living here for.
    Every story that I read her ends with a happily ever after,
    Now I sleep with an open book, so I never have to end the chapter.
    Phalanx

The Golden One! Another absolute monster from the foreign seas of Rap-Royalty! Whether it's text or topical, the man aims to devour with every word. It's a shame we couldn't get more of his buddies like Slyfe over here BUT Phalanx has done more than enough to impress on RB in recent months. Whether it's winning the Text Title at the PPV or dropping some fire topicals in Write of Passage. I look forward to seeing this guy deliver every week in Sacred Scriptures!

Quote Originally Posted by I Live With a Monster
    I live with a monster...He lives under my bed...
    There's one inside the closet, plus the one thats in my head...
    Theres one more I should mention; He's the one that you should fear..
    He's the one that stares back at me..From the otherside of the mirror...

Everyone sees Marcus as Calm and Collected, The Average Joe Persona Perfected...
    No real family Drama to Mess With, His Father and his Mom are Respected...
    They were Pillars of the Community, as well as Leaders in the Church...
    His Mom did the bake sales one sunday, Dad was a Pastor, a True Believer in his Work...
    While Marcus did well in school n Excelled at Sports...Never reguarded as the Hellion Sort...
    As a Teenager he Rebelled of Course, But nothing that landed him in Jail or Court..
    In highschool he liked to Read and Write, Voted most likely to Succeed at Life...
    At college; He was Perceived as Bright, The guy you would go to when you Need Advice...
    By all accounts, He was Honestly Flawless, No Associations with the Dishonest or Lawless..
    His Record was cleaner than a Monastry's Wall Is, He was Uncommonly Polished...
    But behind this Nice Facade, there's a Darker Side that Marcus Hides...
    That's cold blooded, Ice for Veins, with a Heart Inside thats Charred n Fried...
    He lives Ensnared in Doubt; You see theres a monster with which he Shares his House..
    But this monster never tries to Scare his Spouse, or even Dare Arouse..
    The slightest suspicion that it Even Exists...So no one knows of this Heathen of His...
    N' how it Sqeezes n' Twists at his willpower, Or sees the scars that it Leaves on his Wrists..
    Even Marcus finds himself Tending to Steer away from his conscience, so he can Pretend that its Clear...
    And yet Marcus still Winces in Fear, every time he catches a Glimpse of the Mirror...

Its two in the morning, Marcus stares at his reflection, waiting for the Fear to Show...
    But it doesnt come...So he zips up his jacket, takes a last glance at the Mirror and Goes..
    Out into the moonlights Eerie Glow...Its so quiet and still, it sets a Peaceful Vibe...
    But that tranquility is Deceitful Lie...Because nights like this are when the Beast's Alive...
    Its narrow eyes; it Keeps em Wide, searching for an opening it can Sneak Inside..
    In the darkness the Beast Resides; Sticking to the shadows he Creeps n' Hides...
    Suddenly the beast Stops and Moans.."Ah yes.."...a window someone Forgot to Close...
    He'd bet they would have nailed it shut if they had only known what the Monster Knows...
    It climbs in and almost knocks over a Box of Clothes; He listens, but the sound doesnt Wake em Up...
    The beasts heart starts to Race and Thud..He licks his lips, he can almost Taste the Blood...
    His teeth and knife clenched; Prepared for Violence as he creeps up the Stairs in Silence..
    He passes a door covered in pink stickers...Poor kid, She'll never again feel her Parent's Vibrance..
    Probally an Adoring Daughter; He stops at the last door..from inside the sound of a Snoring Father...
    He busts in its a Gory Slaughter..Blood flows like a busted sink thats Pouring Waterr\\...
    They'll never live to a Ripe Age... Atleast he judges by the blood on his Knifes Blade..
    He stands and starts to clean his knife as he watches their eyes glaze as there Life Fades...
    There death is Savagely Clear..The news tomorrow will talk about the Massacre Here...
    Marcus heads for the daughters room, and he can help but smile as he Passes the Mirror...

Slayerr

Another talented writer out of the Infekted Pens camp. Slayerr has been in the game for awhile and I'd put him right up there along with Kuhn, 143, and Vinzr as far as talent goes. Pretty sure I also had him under my wing back in the day and I've always seen the potential in his pieces. With a little fine tuning and some in depth concepts, I could honestly see him making it rather far in this league. Don't let me down, little dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crew Battle VS Kuhn
    ittin’ here not knowing what to do next
    my thoughts are emotionally car wrecked
    what have I done? my mind is shot
    my soul, the bullet hole, bleeding on top
    I am kicked around by right and wrong
    and I pray this emotional fight won't last long
    Not sure how I done what I’ve been accused
    I guess ill strike again, im a time bomb with a ticking fuse
    I stepped on the pedal and naturally shift into gear
    Need to fulfil my mission from god - kill any one who’s queer

Before God gifted me with an epiphany in a dream
    It would seem I was dignified, handsome and clean
    but now I have a vision, and I'm enthralled by the taste
    fear- intoxicated when I take the gun out of its case
    Drove down the lane slowly, street lights shinning
    Out an alleyway I see my pray emerging, perfect timing
    but I was too slow, my target caught the stare
    and threw it back at me, now twice as scared
    we gazed silently, his tears begged for mercy
    his frozen static voice muttered..."please don't hurt me"
    I pause...when he should be dead...but I can't tempt the trigger
    ruined at the scene, and then I see another figure

his uniform unmistakeable....fear pulled the trigger for me

i hit the highway, panic in my brain
    But im driving slowly in the correct lane
    The sirens were approaching. But I pulled over the side
    If I get arrested ill be stripped of all my pride
    I cried, tried to think but nothing was coming to me
    It was now too late, cops with guns running to me
    Surrounded the car like hyenas closing on their prey
    as the speakers boomed the soundtrack to "die another day"
    I picked up my gun and put it in my mouth, closed my lips
    I’ll see god, ask him why he made me do what I did

BANG!
    Slecht

I'll be 100% honest. I don't know shit about homie outside his text battles and consistent no shows. So I don't expect much outta him at the moment and will most likely give him a dick medal if he no shows this week.

SmokaJoka

SmokaJoka, the don of IJL. I once idealized this man for the storytelling and smooth wording he provided in each and every Topical. Being a young, angry, white tech n9ne fan, how could I NOT be amazed by this man's persona and the fact he led a crew called Insane Joker Lyricists? It was #Goals at 12 years old. Anyway. If he shows up, I've got a major run for my money. Like. Boston Marathon with the T1000 chasing my ass run for my money. The man is a problem, unless he's old and blind now then I'm pretty sure I can outwrite anything he drops on a braille keyboard. Good luck, choom.

Quote Originally Posted by My Own Heaven
    My Own Heaven
    Written By Smoka

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/pd_hell_070706_ms.jpg
    Smoka-
    My Own Hell
    I rarely opened my eyes at night, my sleep left me consumed
    Good thing my parents never knew what I kept in my room
    Before I goto bed, I lay on the floor by it and slide up under it
    Mind wonderin, staring at the box mattress I start tumblin
    Into another world, falling through thin air and blackness
    Cold breeze fastens my cheeks to my teeth, now imagine
    Stars light up the darkness, billions...trilllions it's tight as fuck
    Then the sky slowly turns red like the break of dawn and lights up
    I hit the ground, bleeding from the back of my skull...I get up
    Out of my bed and walk in for breakfast feelin rough
    To see my mother with a huge hole in her face, blood seeping through
    'Greetings you!' she chimed....I'm sitting here without a clue
    As to what the hell is happening, she grab the tongs she used
    And shoved them in my eyes, I must long this abuse...
    I couldn't see shit...but I know what is happening to me
    I felt the ride through the darkness again and the cold breeze
    Will this ever end? ..the blood from my eyes froze to my cheeks
    I hope I'll be able to see again, this has gotta be a dream
    Just as I thought that...I landed on a jagged rock..DAMNIT DUDE
    I gotta hand it to you, you took me man and split me in two
    The rock apologized, 'I'm sorry, I'm known for making a strong point'
    Ha! a joke...I left my legs and we walked off together to smoke a joint
    He asked me how was life, I didn't quite know how to give him an answer
    'It's alright...I guess', I said while I checked my legs for another ganther
    Nah...they are fucked.....so, what's up with you rock...how's life?
    No reply...
    I guess he went off into the night..I can't see shit from loss of my sight
    BAM! I'm falling again....my body reattaches and my sight recovers
    My mom walks in the room...and I'm in my bed, bundled in the covers
    Spoken

Spoken is an achieved writer in both Topical and Poetry. I personally never thought his Topical style was anything to gawk at but the man has champed basically anything you can think of so apparently it found a crowd once upon a time. Now he rides around on memories of past accomplishments and tells everybody they suck so I look forward to seeing some writers knock him down a few pegs and bring him back to reality. Fuck you.

Quote Originally Posted by IJL Collab Enslaved Rebel
    Verse 1- Mr. Write
    Verse 2- Rival
    Verse 3- ab0ve

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/primegfx/1.png

Links of outer space engage conversation
    Speaking widowed tongues; disguised evaluation
    Repeated sins glitter on this galactic catastrophe
    Animosity sits firm on the stone of death colored mahogany
    Brute force is haltered through, defense ground zero
    Near the pits of hates, your brain burns to see clear though
    I’m here soul, moving vividly with repercussions
    I stand for nothing only meaningless love in discussion
    Battle trace, my heart rebuttals and stabs clean
    Serene my caustic empathy and cleanse me in a stream
    Down the waterfalls of mercury and splashed dead
    Awake… I snap forward... tapping windows with life after death

Doctor please check once again I keep having these nightmares...

My nerves shiver with fear and dangle over pressure
    A lecture towards my own scarcity and champagne compressor
    I sip another drip… as I reload the clip, one last kiss
    So I blow it away... BANG... my fear I forever live with

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/primegfx/2.png

Night caps contraptions from the breeze brings a extract frown
    Side-tracked, distracted by the ease of the harp in the background
    Now the visions are clear with the heart of hardcore clones
    Silent fate this lustful dispute in the dimension of a war zone
    Forsaken the cords playing to the retreat to covenants
    Though the silhouette craving made lust more voluptuous
    Silent killers dwell in the position of mind to murder me
    And while I'm still awoke, preform open heart surgery
    See the rebels show flaws when they kill the innocent
    Living by no rules, displays what their independence is
    In this dream and silent sleep never a sound so sweet
    Was the alarm clock to alarm me, your almost out of the deep
    Just death awaits around the corner, I can't prevent it
    Romeo and Juliet fate the conclusion would be appended
    Breathe and lungs suspended, for the lack of life
    Was the willing to give up my brain as a sacrifice
    The sorcerer was cuffing us in the spellbinding theme
    So it all ended before I died, in the most vibrant dream

Doctor please give me something to make these dreams leave me...

I want to sleep easy, and have no worries any longer
    Give me anything you have that might make me any stronger
    The doctor proposes "Sorry to say, but I have nothing left...
    I can give you an internal sleep, so you can evaluate death"
    There must be some other way, or even a sick twist
    So blow it away...BANG...my fear forever I live with

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/primegfx/3.png

Keep moving on, the metaphysical is wishing
    Without death, I am still in a critical condition
    The literal rendition of blasphemy torn my eyes
    Won't bring light to dark and yet I mourn at night
    Born in fright and left here as a novelty animal
    Wounds sting from bites of groveling cannibals
    So I don't live in fear of what is known as false
    I just don't think that I can live on my own at all
    Droning calls with unknown cracks and splatters
    But ignore my ignorance, it's no fact that matters
    Demons have to scatter, but that's not good news
    When you hide from an evil, that lives inside you

Doctor please exorcise me and remove the demons...

I'm stuck, my horizons broaden without expansion
    Glued to the evil I allow, knowing doubt, it happens
    But I can't be myself, taken over by the quick itch
    Fuck being OK, Satan's the shit Christians live with

THE NIGHT MAYOR

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e337/primegfx/4.png
    Soule

Soule' is an experienced writer and veteran to the website. A bit controversial amongst his peers, but UNDENIABLE when it comes to the work and ability he has to write. People would brush off this man by bringing up mistakes of his younger past, but they'd also be underestimating a top tier writer in the the Sacred Scriptures league who's beaten many other veterans one on one. Soule' has competed in contenders matches, competed heavily in leagues across multiple sites, has more Open Mic HoF's than we can count on two hands, and even beat legendary members like Cody Nash/ThatKidCry in his hey day. I think NOT putting Soule' in the top artists to be worried about this season would be a mistake...and that's coming from me because I know what he's capable of, not because I'm Cody and I been his friend since childhood growing up. Not many I know who are more competitive than this man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I have this dream every night where I'm swimming through the sea,
    nothing around me, just swimming through the deep.
    I don't come up for air, honestly, I don't care to breathe,
    just swimming aimlessly through pacific waters, darkness beneath.
    I wake up depressed, like life has no sense of direction,
    everyday blends together, auto pilot with no need for correction.
    I've got these memories, their my most precious collection,
    when life was magical, and joy was a widespread selection.
    I struggle with depression, there's voices in my head,
    they say I'm not good enough, screaming until I'm stressed,
    pulling me apart at work like I'm not already over stretched.
    By the time I lay in bed, I feel like I've barely anything left.
    Do you know what it's like to constantly be at war with yourself?
    To know you need someone but too much pride to ask for help?
    I'm a man, I was forced to believe I can do it on my own,
    and now I'm drowning and feel like I'm fighting all alone.
    So many things I need to change but I can't seem to budge,
    like I'm stuck in the mud, too angry to accept another's love.
    Do I deserve to smile when I don't even feel good enough?
    When all I want to do is leap from the patio and choke on my blood?
    Everyday I wake up, a sigh of grief that I didn't die in my sleep,
    and I try to believe it'll get better but I've never seen a sign of peace.
    I'm tired, I'm weak... I can't even admire the glee my children release.
    I've a dire need for a fire to free me from this desolate empire I've seized.
    I can't laugh anymore, I can't enjoy life anymore,
    I drown in this storm that's always flooding my core.
    I can barely walk, I can barely talk, I've nothing stored,
    I can barely reach my hand up just to open the door.
    I lie on the floor, hoping the boards will cave in,
    succumbing to sorrow and hatred, and I fucking hate it!
    I promise my family it'll be fine, but why did I make it?
    Knowing damn well when it's my time, they'll be better off by the day's end.
    It hurts me to say it, but I've never felt like I deserved you,
    my friends, my family, anybody who tried to squirm through
    the obstacles I setup and walls that surround my heart to
    protect myself from MYSELF when others just wanted somebody to talk to...
    I'm a mess, I always have been, every breath filled with absence,
    what is left? If not ashes. Every step goes towards the last cliff.
    I'm depressed, where's the matches? Find me dead on this mattress.
    If you cry at my funeral, it'll be beautiful, here's an Oscar for best actor and actress.
    https://i.imgur.com/pjHFxAF.png

Phalanx vs Slayerr

This has the potential to be a really good battle. If Slayerr takes the time to polish up his piece and revise it so there's no errors or filler, he'll really give Phal a run for his money. That being said, Phal is an accomplished veteran in the game and everything he writes is top tier. I got Phalanx walking away with the win on this one personally, as it's a downhill battle on his end.

Soule vs SmokaJoka

I predict SmokaJoka no shows because he's too chicken to make his return and lives in his juggalo paradise somewhere where he doesn't want to be bothered as an old man. Soule' drops a solid piece because he's prepared for anything and any competitor and is passionate about writing while Smoka disappoints by saying him typing in the sign-in thread was a fluke and he wasn't really signing in.

Cody Nash vs Spoken

This'll be an interesting battle and a major clash of styles. Cody, being the smoother storyteller with the better rhyme scheme and flow versus Spoken who writes everything like a 1920's Vietnamese poem. I got Nash taking this one based on what I know he'll bring to the table and knowing what Spoken will most likely drop, it's a preference of style for me honestly as it will be with the other voters as well. If you like dope rhymes and story, you're gonna go with Nash. If you like broken up, abstract poetry, you're gonna go with Spoken.

Kuhn vs A Disciple

Another good battle. Both are very emotion driven, though I feel like Kuhn is the more polished writer I wouldn't count out Disciple's raw approach if she can remain focused and full deliver. Could go either way but based on what I know, I have Kuhn edging it.

Slecht vs Echelon

I have Echelon winning via No show tbh. Not much to explain here.

https://i.imgur.com/bU0c2F6.png

This week is a challenge week and the theme I chose is TIME. What can you do with Time? It's everywhere. We think of the past. We imagine the future. We work our asses off in the present. Some of us want to go back in time, some of us want to zoom forward. Some of us feel stuck in a loop. Can we break time? I find myself thinking about a lot of this shit constantly through out my day and wondering if I'm honestly stuck in the matrix or a time loop. Deja vu is everywhere. That's why I wanted to see the different approaches to this topic because I feel like some of you might have your own ideas on Time and I'm curious to see them. Really hope you all show up and take this seriously because I'd love to see what Time means to you.

https://i.imgur.com/5pDnNcT.png

3. Soule/SmokaJoka
    2. Phalanx
    1. Cody Nash

If SmokaJoka shows up each week, we're all potentially fucked, but granted he hasn't written in over a decade and he just pops in one every month... he might just no show. Putting Soule, well, myself, in the top three as I've been proving myself again and again for the last five years that I'm a top tier writer. GSL Semi finals? Check. 5-0 GSL record defeating 5 of their legends? Check. 3-1 PPV record? Check. Multiple Hall of Fames? Check. I'd say Phalanx and Nash are currently the two I gotta look out for. I've only beaten Nash once in the almost 20 years we've been doing this Topical thing and I've never battled Phalanx but his writing impresses me quite a bit. Nash coming off champing the WOP and earning himself a title shot at the next PPV keeps him firmly at numero uno... for now...

Well, there you have it folks! The first SSR mag! Hope I gave you enough of a taste to remain interested and entertained and I look forward to seeing what you all deliver as the week carry on. I will NOT being doing these weekly as I have a busy life and just running this shit and competing is going to be a trial in itself BUT I will be doing them every couple of weeks when I have enough material to keep it somewhat less repetitive. Best of luck to everybody and I hope you all show!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Wuxia
    You're a really talented writer. And I've only ever said that to Baron Mynd.

Battle Record
    2-2
    Awards MOTM PC HOF

Re: SSR Magazine: Welcome Home Edition

Nice intro mag Soule. Good stuff.
    lol @Spoken ‘s write up ...

Now he rides around on memories of past accomplishments and tells everybody they suck so I look forward to seeing some writers knock him down a few pegs and bring him back to reality. Fuck you.

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Dope mag lmao... let's go then.

Battle Record
    34-10

We got this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Great mag, I’ve been struggling a bit having not wrote in ten years but this has inspired me a bit uno

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

@Soule Great mag. Dead at you going w/ a 10 year old topical though.

Battle Record
    34-10

It was a gem

Battle Record
    62-46
    Awards SS HW Champion Haiku Champion FL Champion PS Champion/IE Champion WOP Champion OM HOF PC HOF 50+ Wins

Dope mag! Glad to know I’m your nuisance. Thanks for the work and great words of inspiration.
    ARTIFICIAL | PO'ETHICS | INTELLIGENCE