• No

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: [January Mag] The Frontline Report - Winter Wars

You'll get the point... Phalanx's Avatar
    Battle Record
    19-1
    Awards 1-2 Season Champion - Award Request Accepted LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted Cypher Winner FL Champion

[January Mag] The Frontline Report - Winter Wars

https://i.ibb.co/s50yBz8/RBFL.jpg

Welcome to the inaugural edition of The Frontline ReportTM. I will be shooting for a monthly mag, but am willing to drop them bi-weekly if the activity justifies it. (So if the current 3 match ups are wrapped up by 1/15 I will drop a second mag for January.

In each edition, you can expect site announcements, Power Rankings (to be updated as activity dictates), A scouting report (A brief look at the top contenders & their accomplishments), Betting Lines for current match ups, and eventually Monthly & Yearly awards. I will try to match ya'lls energy, so again, activity will dictate the frequency & content.

Before I get to our Front Lines - Winter War coverage I have a few announcements from across the site:

http://rapbattles.com/forum/SOTW/SOT...W22-1-2(3).png
    The 1-2 Punch League Playoffs

The 1-2 Punch League post-season is in full effect. The semi-finals are open for votes now, and it looks to be shaping up for an epic final. Be sure to check it out & vote for your favorite bars.

Lethal Event Series - Bad Meets Lethal

And don't forget to check the LLL forum for the impending LES event & the Bring Da Rucus cypher thats going live to kick off the new year.

Gimmick Battle League Tournament

And finally, looking ahead to mid-December we will be launching a special GBL spin off tournament. Every round will vary with a possibly for themed matches, alias rounds, compliment battles, and many more surprises designed to test your versatility as a writer. Be on the look out for the official announcement thread in coming weeks for more details.

http://www.rapbattles.com/forum/atta...6&d=1672500509

Alright, without further adieu, lets begin out Winter Wars coverage! I want to thank everyone in who stepped up for the December Vote Drive. For the first time in years, the FL doesnt have a backlog of battles held up by voting. Thanks to your efforts, the forum has been pulled from the pits of purgatory. Now a fresh staple of promising battlers has emerged, & contenders have been establish. The real question is, with the ice age of vofing coming to a thaw, who will take advantage & fight their way from the frozen tundra to the top of that once hallowed mountain? Will it be you?

A CHAMPION will be crowned!

http://rapbattles.com/forum/Leagues&...ts/FLTItle.png

V A C A N T

Front Lines Rankings

Scoring Criteria:
    Wins = 25 Pts
    Votes = 10 Points (20 Points During Vote Drives)

Points will determine champ match & contendership. Voting is the only prerequisite to qualify, but wins obviously factor in.

*NOTE W/L DATA COLLECTED FROM BATTLES FINISHED AFTER January 1ST, 2022.*
    *Vote Tally Accurate as of 12/30/22 17:54EST

Active:
    1. MV (1-1) 0pts
    2. Fresh (0-0) 0pts
    3. Marion Motley (1-0) 0pts
    4. Slayerr. (0-0) 0pts
    5. Bag Mandela (1-0) 0pts
    6. Mac (1-0) 0 pts
    7. Miracle (0-0) 0 pts
    8. King Dee Bee (0-0) 0 pts
    9. Fitzgerald (0-0) 0pts
    10. Infamous 1 (0-0) 0pts
    11. Wuxia (0-0) 0pts
    12. Knoxville (0-0) 0pts
    13. Candy (1-0) 0pts
    14. SecondRobert (0-0) 0pts
    15. Slashe (0-0) 0pts
    16. Echelon (0-2) 0pts

Inactive:
    Cody Nash (2-1)
    Phalanx (2-1)
    Bahriman (2-0)
    Ryno (1-0)
    Kill Spree (0-1)
    Joe Boston (1-1)
    Wolv Ledr6 (0-1)
    J-Min (0-1)

Active Betting Lines

Champ Match - MV (1-1) [+110] vs Fresh (0-0) [-110]

O/U - 4 (5-1)

Contender's Match - Marion Motley (1-0) [-70] vs Slayerr. (0-0) [+75]
    O/U - 2 (5-3)

Horrorcore Match - MV (1-1) [-55] vs Marion Motley (1-0) [+55]
    O/U 1 (5-4)

Field Scouting Report -

Lets take a second to profile our field of combatants. From established veterans to promising up-and-comers, its anyones guess who will rise above the rest.

#1 - MV (1-1)

Starting the year at the top of the hill, a cornerstone of the Front Lines, MV. One of the more polarising writers on RR, he's always in the mix of things. He's no stranger to the FL Championship, and has put himself in prime position to claim it again.

#2 - Fresh (0-0)

In at number two, 2022'a Voter of the Year, the veteran Fresh. One of the more creative writers on the roster, Fresh is a threat no matter the opponent. I'm expecting him to be extra motivated considering his recent history with his opponent.

#3. Marion Motley (1-0)

Don't let the join date fool you, Marion has quietly been turning heads in the Frontlines. With a notable win over MV last month see's him entering the Contender's match as the betting favorite.

#4. Slayerr. (0-0)

A strong push in the voting drive earned Slayerr a Contender's spot. Possibly one of the most underated writers on site, Slay will be looking to prove his name belongs in the champion conversation.

#5. Bag Mandela (1-0)

A long time cypher alumni, this past year & change Bag has ventured out and proven to be a formidable foe. From two strong 1-2 Seasons to a marquee FL Tourny win, Bag is one of the most exciting additions to the RB roster in recent memory.

#6. Mac. (1-0)
    #7. Miracle (0-0)
    #8. King Dee Bee (0-0)
    #9. Fitzgerald (0-0)
    #10. Infamous 1 (0-0)

The second half of our Power Rankings Top 10 starts of with two veterans who need little introduction. With plenty of championships & tourneys won between them, they are always dark horses in any race. They are followed by a trio of new comers, all of who have impressed in 2022. KDB, Fitz, & Inf all have the kind of polish to make legitimate runs at the title & prove they belong in the veteran conversation.

#11. Wuxia (0-0)
    #12. Knoxville. (0-0)
    #13. Candy (1-0)
    #14. SecondRobert (0-0)
    #15. Slash (0-0)

Just out side of the top ten, veterans Wuxia & Knox sit. Both have the skills to make a title run, and the only thing keeping them out of the top 10 is the fact that its been a while since they made noise. Just passed them, Candy leads a trio that I just haven't seen enough from to rank higher.

@mv @Fresh @MARION MOTLEY @Slayerr. @Bag Mandela @Mac. @miracle @King Dee Bee @Fitzgerald @Infamous 1 @Wuxia @Knox ville @Candy @SecondRobert @Slashe @Echelon @Bahriman @Ryno @Networth @Kill Spree @Joe Boston @Mimic @plethora @King @Blue Bayou @bigBerd @Amen @Exalted. @mal diction @RoboCop @Meters @Yule @Virbius @Zunto
    Last edited by Phalanx; December 31st, 2022 at 11:23 AM

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Re: [January Mag] The Frontline Report - Winter Wars

This is dope. Hopefully activity picks up in here! I know I'm motivated to destroy MV even more now.

Yo this is dope, great work and hopefully we can keep this momentum going for 2023

Battle Record
    5-0

Thank you for mag

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by 3viction
    I would have got Zunto too but he wouldn’t have even cared lmfao plus I ended his career anyway
    RIP TO MY CAREER

Battle Record
    1-0

Vegas knows what’s up in the contender match

Dope shit Phal, preciate your efforts

Battle Record
    1-0

very sexy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    1-0

ima make a run at this

Battle Record
    96-70
    Awards FL Tournament Winner - Award nomination from Spree accepted. 75+ Wins 1-2 Punch HW Champion LLL Champion Cypher Winner OM HOF FL Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous 1 View Post
    ima make a run at this
    You'll have to get through me (after I beat MV)

Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    You'll have to get through me (after I beat MV)
    i got hella fresh nameflips

Battle Record
    96-70

Quote Originally Posted by Infamous 1 View Post
    i got hella fresh nameflips
    they better be fresh fresh flips

Battle Record
    1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh View Post
    they better be fresh fresh flips
    nothing old...only fresh shit

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

Word. This was a great read. Props.

Battle Record
    32-6
    Awards Haymaker Maddnes Champion - Champed Haymaker Madness 4 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award Request Accepted 25+ Wins GFX HOF - for helping out with site graphics SOTW - for helping out with site graphics LLL Season Champion - Champing An LL Season LLL Champion

If you haven't signed up for LES yet, and want to participate in tonight's cypher, make sure to go to the sign up thread and drop your name. I will then make your PC, if you don't have a PC and you decide to drop bars anyway, that's fine, but I won't be scoring your bars, tracking your points, or breaking them down for the event.

Battle Record
    4-3
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion - Award nomination from Kill Spree accepted.

Dope mag and thanks for the kind words

Imagine if phalanx manages to revive frontlines

Battle Record
    32-6

Tonight is the 2nd hour and conclusion of the Bad Meets Lethal Event's "Bring Da Ruckus" Cypher. If you have time, I suggest taking advantage of it to net points so as to improve your position on the leaderboard when rankings are posted.