Hey there!

It looks like you're enjoying Rap Battles Forum but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle Album Review

I Get My Own Title? Cool. DJ Breeze's Avatar

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle Album Review

Snoop's debut album back when he was Snoop Doggy Dogg. For the most part it was chill, which isn't surprising considering Snoop is known to smoke massive amounts of bud. But at the same time I thought it was pretty boring. Altho it did have it's strong points like Murder Was The Case, Who Am I? (What's My Name?) and Gz and Hustlaz. And this was also the first appearance of Tha Dogg Pound who used this and Dr. Dre's The Chronic to start their own careers.

1. Bathtub

A cool intro. It's snoop and Rage in a bath tub. Warren G has an appearence to.

2. G-Funk Intro 6/10

An Atomic Dogg intro. But it has verses from Rage and Snoop.

3. Gin And Juice 5/10

The second single from the album. It's pretty chill and it talks about how good life is in the LBC. He also tells a story about hoes and smoking and drinking at a house party. Daz also has an uncredited appearence. I didn't really care much for it tho.

4. Tha Shiznit Intro

Nothing special.

5. Tha Shiznit 5/10

A chill song. It's kind of boring and Snoop seems really tired, but that kind of adds to it. He's basically talking about life and how he's the shit.

6. Lodi Dodi Intro

Another interlude. About every other track is.

7. Lodi Dodi 6/10

Samples Slick Rick's Lodi Dodi. Has a bit of twist. He talks about living life as a G and selling crack. Kind of typical. Pretty chill, like most of the album is. But it is kind of boring.

8. Murder Was The Case 8/10

Has a sample from a Warren G song in the beginning. This was also used in the film of the same name. He talks about how he's hanging out and some niggas come up and shoot him and he dies and makes a deal with the devil. Then he's back to life and is rich and has tons of money and weed. This is one of my favorite tracks on the album. The third verse, he's back to the scene of where he got shot and he shoots the people that originally shot him. Then he gets arrested for their murder. Oh yeah, Daz is the devil.

9. Serial Killa

Kurupt opens up with his verse. Then Daz has a dope verse. He has a line that was later used in Dr. Dre's "Still D.R.E." Then Snoop has a verse and RBX. It's pretty dope.

10. Who Am I? (What's My Name?) 7/10

One of the best tracks from Death Row, period. It's the first single and talks about selling crack, killing and smoking bud. Has another sample from Atomic Dog.

11. For All My Niggaz & Bitches 6/10

Kurupt opens the track with a dope verse. Then the chorus, and Daz has a verse. Then Kurupt again. Very little Snoop on this. Kurupt also references Tupac Shakur's roll in "Juice". Rage has a verse to.

12. Ain't No Fun (If The Homies Can't Have None) 9/10

It starts off with a W-Ballz intro and Nate starts sining about how he met a ho, she sucked his dick and fucked him and how he loves her or some shit. Then Kurupt talks about how bitches ain't shit to him. The Nate has his famous chorus and Snoop and Warren G have a track. Dre's credited as the producer, but it was actually produced by Warren G and Daz, Dre just did something to improve it.

13. Doggy Dogg World Intro

An intro and has a sample from the intro to Little Ghetto Boy.

14. Doggy Dogg World 7/10

Snoop and DPG rapping about what other than a gangsta life style. I don't have much to say about it. It's the third single also. It also samples Atomic Dog

15. Gz And Hustlas Intro

Warren G teaching a class and he askes people what they want to be. The kids say they want to be police and firemen and finally they get back to Snoop and he says "Nigga, is you stupid? I want to be a muthafuckin hustla. You better recognize"

16. Gz And Hustlas 8/10

A hard track about gangsta shit. Dope track. 2Pac and Richie Rich used the beat for "Lie To Kick It" which was originally called "Animosity".

17. Pump Pump Intro

Sam Sneed and Jewell are at a bar and she sees Snoop. Sam takes offence and uses his trademark line "U Better Recognize". They later get into a fight and Snoop peels Sams cap.

18. Pump Pump 5/10

It has a sample from "The Day The Niggaz Took Over" I think. The track is kind of boring. I don't have much to say about it.

Overall, I think the album deserves a 6.5/10. It had some of the best songs that I've heard from Death Row as well as some classic hits that people wil be bumping forever. But its boring tracks kind of took away from it. All tho the filler wasn't really boring, I just wasn't feeling it.

Battle Record
    12-18

Re: Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle Album Review

I agree with most of this

J.Demers

i agree with you on most, but i few of my favorite songs off it you rated kinda low, i thought that the shiznit gin & juice were dope

Hahah, yet another amazing 90's album, you should do some eastcoast shit too! 1990's was the best era, agree with your review for the most part. This was vintage/classic snoop, it's a pitty he dosn't do shit like this anymore, he should make a throwback album like this haha.
    Download the full album Into The Darkness!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You've Earned a Custom Title!

This review was pretty damn on point thats whatsup!

Minnesota Music Baby
    -
    -

Only part I didnt really agree with is Gin N Jucie being boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Matok View Post
    Only part I didnt really agree with is Gin N Jucie being boring.
    Neither do I. I don't know what I was thinking at the time.

Decent review.
    i will disagree on "gin n juices" rating, thats like a 8. Shit was banging when it 1st dropped.
    I would strongly agree with "Niggaz n Bitches" Dre fucked up the mastering, on the hook the guy says "fuck" and the girl says "shit" he just turns it down.
    The third verse, he's back to the scene of where he got shot and he shoots the people that originally shot him. Then he gets arrested for their murder. Oh yeah, Daz is the devil.
    This isn't what happens in the song.

I will also disagree with your overall rating. I give it an 8. The beats sound good in the car, you can play most of the album @ a party. B/c it's formatted as a radio show, you can play it all the way through without having to skip a track.

Battle Record
    1-1

This is on point , maybe not so low for Gin and Juice, but in all honestly Murder was the case should have tied with aint no fun, other than that, on point, congrats

Quote Originally Posted by fo'trill View Post
    Decent review.
    i will disagree on "gin n juices" rating, thats like a 8. Shit was banging when it 1st dropped.
    I would strongly agree with "Niggaz n Bitches" Dre fucked up the mastering, on the hook the guy says "fuck" and the girl says "shit" he just turns it down.

This isn't what happens in the song.

I will also disagree with your overall rating. I give it an 8. The beats sound good in the car, you can play most of the album @ a party. B/c it's formatted as a radio show, you can play it all the way through without having to skip a track.
    I agree. I should probably go back and re-do the review.

i will also agree with you on lazy lyrics. for me this album is very nostalgic as i grew up on this and the chronic, as early influences, so i do have a bias. I think it's mostly the overall atmosphere of the album that is its saving grace. It's like, hardcore yet fun at the same time.